There are so many reasons your long hair will become dry and frizzy after just a few hours in the office. Could be that you wash your hair too frequently, or you apply way too many chemicals for a natural hair. You might be looking all shiny and smooth in the morning only for things to turn ugly in the afternoon. In my opinion, this is even worse than a bad hair day. It catches you off guard even after taking all the time to groom your hair in the morning.
You could be having an important meeting in the afternoon and you have exhausted all the tricks in the book. You shouldn’t give up yet. It’s at times like these that you need to hit up a local hair salon on your lunch hour to get your groove back. In case you didn’t know, there are several hairstyles that you can get done in under an hour in a local salon.
Here are a few ideas that might interest you:
1. Fine Wash and Extensive Conditioning
If you wear your hair long and loose, you should know that it will definitely dry quickly. The air conditioning system at the office only makes the situation worse. However, with fine wash and extensive conditioning during lunch hour you can give your hair smooth glossy look. You can even add a few curls with a curling iron. A good shine spray should give your hair a fresh healthy feel.
2. Deep Treatment Blow Dryer Trick
You will need to wash your hair lightly first, then apply deep treatment. Wait a few minutes then apply moderate heat with a blow dryer. Finally wash off the treatment and leave your hair to dry. You will end up with beautiful curls and waves. Do not use a brush as it will straighten the curls. A good shiny spray should give you a perfect finish. Here is how you can do it.
3. Shampoo Blow Dryer Only
Use a good shampoo to clean your hair. Blow dry your hair deeply to loosen all the tangles. You will end up with shiny smooth hair that can last till late in the evening. You can add a little twist by using hot rollers at the ends. This should leave you with nice and gentle curls.
These are last minute solutions to your hair problems that can easily be solved over lunch time. They are pretty easy and it should take the saloonist less than an hour. You can even grab a snack thereafter.
As you set out to launch your hair salon, you are probably at a crossroads on how to balance quality with price. No matter what other things you offer, these two factors happen to be either a deal breaker or a deal maker. If you want to stand any chance of attracting and retaining clients, this is one thing you should sort out, really. Though it may seem a bit difficult to set a competitive price without compromising on quality, it can be done. Here is how:
1. Set A Budget: If you want to set a feasible budget, you would have to consider typical prices first. This would give you a fair idea of whether you can give the best quality within your budget. Typically, your aim should be to find a budget that makes sense without your having to compromise so much on quality.
2. Outsource What You Can: Your best bet is to focus on your strengths. Although your reason for outsourcing is to reduce cost, it does not mean you should go with a vendor who offers you the lowest price. Endeavor to engage a vendor who offers you the best quality at a fair price. With plenty of options and price points to choose from, doing a little research would not hurt you.
3. Embrace Technology: You can make use of cutting-edge technology to deliver quality service at a minimal cost. There are several apps that serve the needs of small businesses. Your role is to determine the one that fits the needs of your hair salon without making you break the bank. Do not fall for the bells and whistles of these apps, choose the one with great functionalities that match the hair salon industry.
4. Go Digital: It is so much cheaper to market digitally than with traditional print. This would help you save some money which would have been spent on brochures and posters. With more people making use of their smartphones and tablets, targeting clients through digital marketing would give you cost benefits while promoting your brand.
5. Acquire Quality Second-Hand Equipment: You cannot avoid purchasing equipment for your business. However, new ones might prove to be too expensive for a small business like your hair salon. To be able to compete with other businesses, purchasing quality second-hand equipment would help you save some money without compromising on quality.
Balancing quality with price is very doable. It requires a little bit of creativity on your part and the willingness to research more in order to get the best quality possible at a competitive price.